The Incubator for Teaching Innovation is a faculty-led initiative in the College of Arts and Sciences at the University of South Carolina. Our goal is to foster an interdisciplinary culture of teaching that values creativity, innovation, passionate engagement, and the pursuit of excellence—just as we value these qualities in our research and scholarship.
Here you’ll find information, announcements, and stories about the events and programming we offer throughout the year, including:
- the annual Gamecock Teaching Days, when award-winning faculty open their classrooms for colleagues to visit for the day, followed by conversation over coffee.
- our INCUBATE Presents! workshops, which give faculty opportunities to try out the latest creative teaching strategies in a fun, collaborative setting.
- a series of Innovation Pop-Ups where our Teaching Associates share the results of their funded teaching projects in interactive, informal sessions across campus
- calls for the next cohorts of Innovative Teaching Associates, each of whom receives a $10,000 grant to support an individual teaching project and to serve as part of our leadership team.
- contributions from members of our Graduate Student Leadership Team, including book reviews, resource articles, and feature stories about innovative teaching in their departments.
We also share new developments in higher education pedagogy and highlight examples of innovative teaching happening across the College of Arts and Sciences. Most important, we hope this forum will spark productive, interdisciplinary conversations about teaching and learning.
To learn more about who we are, what we do, and how to join the conversation, this website is the best place to start. Check out our blog for the most recent information—you can get these updates emailed directly to you by filling out the “follow our blog” form to the right. And of course you can always contact us directly with any questions, suggestions, or ideas about how the Incubator can help you.